|Salary:||£50,000 - £60,000|
|Contact Name:||Philip Delaloye|
Firmware Engineer – Edinburgh
gap professional are looking for a permanent Firmware Engineer for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based at their Defence Industry client’s facility in Edinburgh.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to develop and grow their skills in a world class environment and would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog.
Key Responsibility Areas
The Firmware Engineer would work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to provide firmware solutions and solve integration problems on complex systems.
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL-based designs
• Documenting and recording deliverables
• Verifying firmware designs
• Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
• Providing progress reports
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or another STEM-based subject Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs is essential
· A minimum of 1 year experience of developing firmware using VHDL or Verilog
· Familiarity with one of the following: Xilinx / Intel (Altera) / Microsemi (Actel) ISE design flow and third-party synthesis tools
· Analyse firmware requirements and develop HDL code to satisfy the requirements
· Debugging of firmware designs and supporting integration and test at hardware level
· Familiarity with firmware version control and revision control software
· Ability to manage own tasks and technical activities under supervision of Senior / Principal firmware engineer
· Good communication (oral & written) & interpersonal skills
- Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision
· Experience of firmware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Relevant experience in the Aerospace/Defence industry or on other complex / high-reliability systems
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.