FLT Counterbalance Driver & Material Handler required in LS27!
The Material Handler / FLT Driver's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
•Responsible for booking stock to production orders, scanning, wrapping and delivering pallets to the internal warehouse
•Responsible for controlling the flow of stock through the warehouse, monitoring goods in and out, safely and efficiently moving and handling of items and keeping stock records, ensuring the timely and accurate supply of goods to the production area.
•Stock SAP corrections
There is a requirement to ensure the factory is supplied with components and finished goods flow freely through the area.
These responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time depending
Production Operatives, Production Supervisor, Quality Technicians, ILE Supervisor, Warehouse, Supply Chain, Production Team Leaders, Maintenance
Job Role / Responsibilities:
·Monitor inventory of master batch, components, WIP, carton bags pallets tape and other supplies and supply production floor with additional supplies as needed
·Respect safety procedures and correct use of personal protective equipment without exception to help prevent injury
·Assure transfer of goods for production
·Move WIP from trailer to production
·Move WIP from production floor to warehouse
·Analyse and resolve material handling related problems
·Complete necessary SAP and Mobisys transaction for all components WIP and finished materials
·Removal of rubbish, change plastic bags in all areas of the factory floor
·Provide clear and concise handover of any issues between shifts
·Responsible for scanning all pallets, wrapping and moving them to the internal warehouse
·Scanning/consumption of wip/ masterbatch/ ring valves/ liner/ foil to the production order without exception
·Collect pallets from operators /machines
·Book in pallets from orders as they been finished
·For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements at all times and without exception and Zero Harm Process.
- Needs an in-date FLT Counterbalance License (not in house)
- Needs to speak basic English, maths & communication skills
- Must have previous experience as a Material Handler, knowledge of a warehouse environment, experience of manual handling or a background in logistics is likely to be advantageous
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure site.
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others and be willing to work as a part of a team
- Must be confident working with SAP/ Mobysis would be an advantage
Shifts & Pay:
12 hour shifts - 6am-6pm / 6pm-6am
The candidate needs to be flexible to work rotating day & night shifts and to be on a continental rota.
The first 7 shifts are all on nights, and then you will given & put on a rotating shift pattern.
£9.53ph for both days & nights
Overtime - after 42 hours between Monday & Saturday = X1.5 / Sunday = X2 (ONLY if not on your rota)
USP's of our client are the following:
- Free onsite Parking
- Canteen area, providing fridge, microwave and snack/drink vending machines
- Friendly & welcoming teams
- Long-term contracts
- Progression to a permanent role in many cases
- Culture corner - a monthly celebration of different cultures where food is provided
- 70 minutes break per shift (12 hour shifts)
- Assigned to a regular team
- Over time rates paid* (we do ask that overtime is a very last resort & is authorised by a manager, not a team leader)
- Weekly fruit crate for everyone to help themselves
If taken on permanently, then the Company offers:
- An attractive pension scheme after 3 months
- Private medical insurance (after 6 months)
- Bonus payments periodically
- Easter gifts
- Christmas gifts
- Christmas party
- Monthly drinks allowance payment
- Death in service insurance
- Birthday cards
- Suggestion scheme (with payments for good suggestions)
- Employee of the month (with financial reward)
- Employee of the year (with financial reward)
- EAP scheme
- Training and in some cases, qualifications
- Focus groups - so employees can have their say
- Internal promotions
The role is ongoing, and full time contracts can be obtained for those that show good work ethic timekeeping and attendance.
Please apply with your CV through this job site.
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we will be in touch as soon as we can.