|Salary:||£9.50-£9.75 per hour depends on experience|
|Contact Name:||Wolverhampton Branch|
Gap Personnel, operating as an employment business, are currently looking to recruit a FLT Counterbalance/ Warehouse Operator for the textiles company based in Bilston.
Shifts and pay:
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
- Loading and unloading containers – of fabric 20ft or 40 ft
- Sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Booking in all deliveries
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely
- Picking orders
- Able to read clearly – as they will be relaying metres they are reading off goods as they are unloaded off containers, whilst the other men book them in.
- You will put out orders, you will also ensure orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returns
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse to keep it tidy at all times, this will be part of the daily routine.
- With equipment in operations (eg forklift trucks) following workplace health and safety rules will be essential. Eg no mobile phones on the shop floor – it must always be left in the changing room lockers.
- Sample swatches - it will be your job to make sure these are always topped up, clean and tidy .
- Loading, unloading, checking, moving, storing, palletising, picking or packing products.
- Managing received goods or preparing palletised goods for despatch
- Using forklifts in the last 3 months – forklift truck licence (current) essential
- Keeping accurate records of orders picked or incoming goods – all will be paper based so clear / neat handwriting essential
- Complying with our health and safety requirements.
- Labelling items.
- Cleaning the warehouse.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Good timekeeping essential
- Forklift licence to meet – counterbalance and to be up to date
- Maths essential – as you will in charge of picking orders. The paperwork will then be checked against stock levels when it arrives in the office.
Cctv – to make you aware and for your own safety , this will be operating 24/7 in and around the outside of the work premises at all times.
Mobile phones – we ask that all mobile phones are left in the restroom during working hours and isn’t bought onto the shop floor.
If this role is of your interest, please click Apply or send your CV to email@example.com