FLT COUNTERBALANCE DRIVER REQUIRED!!
- You will be moving pallets via forklift of finished goods from the loading bay and putting them away in the freezer
- Taking pallets of packaging via forklift as required into the factory
- Bringing pallets of flour, lard etc from our back warehouse into the factory forklift
- Taking finished customer orders from the fridge / freezer with pump truck and loading via forklift onto: our vehicles, customer collection vehicles, and outside hauliers
- Applying pallet labels to relevant pallets, and writing batch code information on the pallets
- Applying batch code stickers to deliveries
- Unloading deliveries, of raw materials, packaging etc
- Weighing the deliveries recording batch codes, use by dates of deliveries on our paperwork
- Putting deliveries away in to fridges, freezers, warehouses and packaging store.
- Stock checks of packaging to be recorded on paper once per week, as required by the stock controller
- You must be able to work safely when driving the forklift
- Put products away in a logical manner, new delivery at the back, old at the front
- You will be required to clean and sweep the warehouse
- You might need to work on the packing lines at times
This is not a position where a candidate will be sat on a forklift all day. You will be on and off the forklift all day
You will be responsible for helping with the smooth running of the factory
Report directly to the production director.
You must be able to work with the rest of the team, and listen to what different area managers need bringing in to the factory to continue efficiently with production and packing
You will need to loading client's vehicles for deliveries, either on the forklift or on the back of the wagon
- Candidate must speak English (Polish is advantageous, and would be ideal)
- You must be literate in English to do delivery paper work
- Physically able to pull, and push pallets , ability to get on and off the forklift easily, on and off loading bays and on and off wagon bodies.
- Lift 20k, for taking items on and off pallets
- Comfortable going in and out of freezers and fridges
- Responsible, careful and organised
- A team player
The Job is Monday-Friday 7am start (possibly 6)– finish when we are done. Usually between 3 and 5.
Client is offering this job at £9.50 per hour with the possibility of more once the employee is established and proves they are a valuable member of the team. This means they understand all our products, practices, customers, suppliers, the day to day flow of work etc
Reach truck licence in addition to the forklift is also of interest, as client have a reach truck at our cold store. This runs at -20c, so any candidate must be aware they may be working at very cold temperatures from time to time (PPE would be provided for this). E.g. sometimes we would have a delivery for 24 pallets to be put away. For forklift and reach truck client would be willing to pay £10 per hour. Candidate must also have their own vehicle for this, to be able to access our cold store.
Food Safety or Health and safety qualifications advantages, but not essential. We offer our own accredited training.
Someone with experience in a food background would be advantageous but not essential.
Any candidates needs to understand that although the management is English speaking, client employ lots of different nationalities, and therefore there are lots of different languages spoken at our factory, they need to be open minded and happy to work with all staff.
CALL THE LEEDS OFFICE ON 0113 204 8585 OR APPLY BY UPLOADING YOUR CV