Gap Personnel are currently looking for a catering assistant based in Brentry. We are looking for a someone who is passionate about high quality food and understand what is required to achieve this.
The successful candidate will cook the fillings for our award-winning product. This is a physically challenging role and will involve multitasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is important, the goal is to be able to deliver the highest quality experience for their customers.
We’d like someone with a real enthusiasm and passion for cooking and good food. Confidence in matching recipes to factory processes and an ability to keep a cool head in a hot and demanding environment is needed. The nature of the job requires stamina to remain active whilst on shift.
- Set up workstations with ingredients and equipment
- Cook food in various vessels and steam pans
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Creating new recipes, menu ideas and food products
- Working with food technicians
- Proven experience as Kitchen Prep Assistant
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Ability to work well in a team - good communication and organisational skills
- Strong physical condition and stamina
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Clear path for remuneration increases
- Child care vouchers
- Lunch on us every week
- Staff discount on meals
- Over time - Time and on half