|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Salary:||£9.67 - £9.95|
|Contact Name:||Shannon McMahon|
FOOD PRODUCTION OPERATIVES – CHARD
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for Food Production Operatives based in Cricket St Thomas, Chard for a food manufacturing company.
This role is a temp – perm opportunity, going permanent after the 4th week.
You would be joining a committed business who produce high quality dairy products to a broad range of consumers. These dairy products are imported and exported to a wide range of famous brands within the dairy sector.
- Ensure that cheeses are packed, weighted and coded
- Carrying out tasks directed by your Team Leader / Line Leader
- Ensure record sheets are completed
- Safe use of chemicals
- Adhering to Health and Safety guidelines and risk assessment documents
- Quality control checks of products for defects
- End of line duties to include palletizing/wrapping/labelling
Please bare in mind that this is a cooking environment and therefore temperatures range between ambient and humid.
- Health & Safety awareness
- Good written & spoken English
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Previous food production experience is desirable
Variety of shifts:
- Rotational shifts – 07:00am – 15:30pm / 10:00am – 18:30pm
- Fixed shift – 16:00pm – 00:30am
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday – Friday (Saturdays sometimes required)
- Starting rate - £9.67 per hour
- Full rate after 4th week - £9.95 per hour
- Premium rates – Before 06:00am, after 22:00pm & Saturdays – x 1.25
- Overtime (over 40 hours per week, Sundays & Bank holidays – x 1.5
To apply for this Food Production Operative role, please submit your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button or contact our Exeter branch on 01392 273665 for more information.