|Salary:||£25,350 per annum.|
|Contact Name:||Amber Gee|
gap personnel acting as an employment business are recruiting for a food production operative for a specialist food producer based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire. This role is on a permanent, full-time basis.
This is the perfect role if you are passionate about food, want to use local ingredients and want to join an organisation keen to improve its carbon footprint. The site produces specialist products throughout the UK into retail, wholesale, and farm shop outlets. This role would suit someone who has previously worked within hospitality as a chef but is looking for more stable, fixed hours.
Working on the night shift you will batch cook multiple recipes, ensuring all recipes are correctly weighed, followed, and executed. Each batch will then be passed to the morning shift who will then begin the processing or portioning and decanting the product.
The pay rate and working hours for the role is:
Sunday to Thursday, 11pm – 7am (40 hour week)
£13.00 per hour basic rate, £25,350 per annum.
Reporting directly to the shift leader your duties will included:
- Preparing recipes in batches to order, ensuring product specification ratios are adhered to.
- Operating equipment within the production rooms and store areas using health and safety rules, while maintaining targeted output with minimal interruption.
- Loading and unloading machines and packaging finished goods.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous FMCG experience essential, either in food manufacturing or catering kitchens
- Well-organised and able to work unsupervised.
- Be able to follow procedures to BRC standards
- Good understanding of English, Maths Comprehension
- Passionate about food! Essential
Considerations before applying:
- Are you a foodie? Passionate about all types of food?
- Do you have experience within food manufacturing?
- Are you able to commute to site for the set start times?
If you are a production operative looking for a new opportunity, then we have immediate starts available.
To apply for this FOOD PRODUCTION OPERATIVE position, please either submit your CV via the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with gap personnel in Swindon