Gap Personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently looking for Frame Assemblers to join a busy team in a well-established client based in Aberdare.
Our client is a busy upholstery manufacturer. As such, they are looking to add new members of staff their team. This role requires a high level of attention, accuracy, and a previous working history as a frame assembler.
This position is responsible for correctly assembling timber frames ready for upholstery.
Contract: This is a temporary on-going position which could lead to permanent for the right candidates.
Salary: £10.11, overtimes are paid at x1.5 and you will also be earning a bonus depending on targets met.
Shifts: Monday-Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm
The ideal candidate must:
- City and Guilds / NVQ qualifications as a wood machinist and/or Frame Assembler
- Minimum of three years’ experience in wood products manufacturing
- Manufacturing background ideally in furniture making environment.
- Be physically fit to lift and manoeuvre some of the larger panels as part of the assembly process.
- Able to follow and work to detailed production drawings, cutting lists, and other associated documentation
- Ability to work well as part of a team and have a good attitude with colleagues.
- To be able to work under pressure to achieve tight schedules in order to meet deadlines in a thorough and efficient manner and adhere to Quality processes and standards.
Your duties will include but not be subjected to:
- Ensure milled parts meet the planned schedule.
- Ensure orders are completed to correct specification in the time allotted.
- Record own production figures and booking sheets completed for PBR ready for sign off.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in own work area meets required standards
- Ensure all airline, staple guns, screw gun and any other equipment provided is maintained correctly, and records are kept identifying ownership of the 'tools'.
- Working with tools and be able to use equipment safely, including: -
- Glue guns
- Hand/air tools
- Industrial rapid-fire staplers / nail guns
To apply, please submit your CV or alternatively please call gap personnel on 01443 843499.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for application is the 30th of May 2021.