|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
CAD DESIGN TECHNICIAN – SWINDON – IMMEDIATE INTERVIEWS!
gap personnel acting as an employment agency are currently recruiting for a CAD design technician for our luxury home furnishings client based in Swindon. This role has an immediate start available and is temporary with the view to become permanent for the right candidate.
Our client offers free-onsite parking, a modern working environment, and great on-site facilities. Public transport routes are also frequent. When permanent additional benefits are available such as increased holiday (up to 25 days+BH), generous company discounts, perkbox access, pension and discretionary bonus, cycle to work scheme and gym membership.Pension and discretionary bonus scheme
Competitive salary depending on experience of up to £ 30,800 per annum and sociable hours of 0800-1630 Monday-Friday.
- Up to 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- Additional holiday awards for Long Service
- Generous company discount on our products
- Subsidised purchases at The Provenist, our wholesome and sustainably sourced cafes.
- Perkbox (our reward and recognition portal – offering a platform to recognise colleagues; access the wellness hub, and get discounts at some of the UK's most popular retailers)
- Employee Assistance Programme – our confidential 24/7 employee support line
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Gym membership
- Extensive training workshops
The role is producing design and production drawings from a combination of Partners-customers and site templated drawings, the role includes but is not limited:
- The purpose of the role is to support the CAD Engineer in ensuring all technical drawings and administrational processes are provided on time.
- To be the contact point with Partners/Stores to ensure internal and external communication are completed professionally and within a suitable time frame.
- To complete all CAD drawings and to ensure accurate bespoke plans are delivered to the partners for sign off.
- To work closely with the other operational departments, ensure internal KPI’s are met in alignment with the Quality control systems.
- All personal objectives will be given on a separate document outlining time scales, performance measures and any further information.
- To complete CAD designs ready for sign off by partner/customer according to the request.
- To ensure the drawings/system data is accurate enabling excellent and accurate information to be communicated to production department
- To complete all administration processes for the department, liaising with CAD Engineer and Production Supervisor
- To ensure that all Health and Safety rules and procedures are always adhered to.
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of Solid Works software, Swood Design or similar is essential
- Technical qualification/background ideally in furniture industry
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving business, to be able to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- A good communicator to all levels of staff
- Product management knowledge
- Excellent administrator/draftsman with an eye for detail.
- Be able to demonstrate loyalty and commitment to the business.
- Support other colleagues and their areas ensuring best practice for the business.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks Design software is essential.
- CAD/CAM knowledge (TPACAD & SWOOD CAM & NESTING) is essential.
To apply for this CAD Design Technician position, please either submit your CV via the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with gap personnel in Swindon.