Back to job search
|Location:||Bury St Edmunds|
|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Salary:||£9.91 - £14.87 Per Hour|
|Contact Name:||Jack Littleton|
Gap personnel as an employment business is recruiting for a General Operative on a temporary to permanent basis for a company based near Bury St Edmunds (Suffolk)
General Operatives / Bury St Edmunds Area / Monday - Friday/ 8:30 – 4:30
£9.91 – 14.87 per hour
As a General Operative you will be working for one of Suffolk’s most senior timber and construction businesses, with 175 years of experience of providing top quality services to their customers.
Your main duties will be:
• Working within the team, you will be required to work at various stages of the process.
• All instructions will be given to you with regards to your operational duties.
• Assisting in the assembly of timber to form structures like Hi Beam Frames, ladder frames, room flooring, roof joists and so on, using air powered tools such as nail guns
• Selecting lengths of woof for customer orders
• Lifting lengths of wood from trolleys and cutting them to size
You will also be required to undertake any other related duties such as maintain a clean and tidy work area.
Assist with Stock control within the production and despatch areas.
Whilst adhering to all the Clients Health & Safety requirements and best business practice.
What’s in it for you?
• Full time working hours
• Training and support
• Great work environment
• Monday to Friday (Saturdays may be offered when needed)
• Opportunity for a long-term employment
• 45 minutes allocated breaks each day (1 x 15 mins paid, 1 x 30 mins unpaid)
Details about the role:
Number of vacancies available:
• 6 X General Operatives
• Previous experience in an assembly / woodwork environment will be advantageous but full training will be provided.
• Monday – Thursday: 8:30 – 16:30
• Friday: 8:30 – 15:30
• Saturday shifts may be offered as and when needed
• Basic pay: £9.91p/h
• Overtime paid at £14.87 per hour after 39 hours worked
To apply for this role, please:
• Submit your CV via “apply now” button, or
• Get in touch with gap personnel Norwich branch - firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Call 01603 767 617 or
• Text / WhatsApp – 07557954806