|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Wolverhampton Branch|
Goods Inwards Inspector Role.
Job Title – Goods Inwards Inspector.
Reporting to – The Quality Manager.
Department – Quality
- To carry out Goods Inwards Inspections including:
- Measuring tolerances of material gauges and weight when steel and coil are received from the supplier to ensure they adhere to the company tolerances
- Confirm the quality of all products received from sub-contractors including painted, galvanised, and plated products adhere to the specification
- Record all measurements, weights, and quality of finish on the Goods Inspection Sheet and detail if goods have passed or failed the inspection and state the reason for the decision
- Ensure all products are labelled with the correct Pass, Hold or Reject label
- Ensure all products are moved to the correct location and all products on Hold or Rejected are to be stored in the quarantine area
- Report any concerns or issues with the quality of the products to the Quality Manager
- Ensure all goods received are as per the supplier delivery note before receiving any goods into Sage
- Ensure all paperwork is collated daily for the Accounts department
- Ensure the stores are maintained and all goods are in the correct locations and ensure the area is clean and tidy
- Ensure the Goods In area is clean and tidy
- Ensure that the companies Health & Safety policy is adhered to, to ensure a safe working environment for all
- Responsible for adhering to the company Quality Policy to maintain the ISO9001-2015
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the relevant Quality Documents and Records and ensuring they are filled in correctly and are made available to all in an organised manner
- All other reasonable requests are to be carried out as directed by the Quality Manager
A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Goods Inwards Inspection Role working in a manufacturing, engineering environment (metal pressings and assembly)
Knowledge of Sage200 would be beneficial but not necessary as full training will be given
A FLT license is essential