About us: gap personnel (operating as an employment business) have exciting opportunity for a Goods Inwards Operator to join a well-established manufacturing company who specialise in aluminium products. Our client is seeking new talent to join their team. The environment is busy and fast paced.
Main Purpose of Role:
To help co-ordinate the Goods Inwards area to ensure accuracy of receipting, effective stock management and rotation and to provide a constant flow of goods to production line
Contract Type: Permanent
Business Area: Manufacturing
Salary: Up to £11 per hour
Shifts: 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm Rotating Shifts
Start date: Immediate
- To ensure deliveries are offloaded safely in a timely manner.
- Ensure goods inwards product and paperwork is handled in line with the company procedures. All paperwork is booked in accurately and in a timely manner, reporting any shortages or quality queries to the supervisor and relevant buyer.
- Communicate with haulers in relation to deliveries
- Loading when necessary (FG / materials / waste)
- Manage yard area to ensure all goods are stored in their correct location and for easy access. Also ensuring the yard is clear of debris.
- Yard management is key. Allocating materials in their correct location and updating the system accurately in a timely manner.
- Ensure all stock is rotated on a FIFO basis
- Provide weekly physical stock takes of materials and submit report to your supervisor, ensuring stock levels are always above minimum levels.
- Provide support to the production team, ensuring correct materials are always available.
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned by your manager or TL
Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of Dispatch processes
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Communication skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Experience of using computer systems, emails, logging paperwork, SAP knowledge desirable
- RTITB Forklift licence (counterbalance B1 & B2)
About You: We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with good team working skills and a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be able to follow instructions effectively and work on your own initiative with good communication skills.
To apply for the role please send an up-to-date CV.
All applicants CVs will be screened. Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for applicants: 29th January 2022.