Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Our client is dynamic, driven and totally focussed on satisfying their customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback, they seek to exceed expectation at every turn and, when recruiting, always look for like-minded individuals to join them. As a business who proudly care about their staff, they are passionate about the development, training and job satisfaction of employees and foster a culture of acceptance and diversity that empowers individuals to achieve.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a self-starting Graduate Category Manager with FMCG experience, gained in a fast-paced environment, to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Normanton. As the site is in operation 24-hours a day, it is very important that applicants have the flexibility to work outside of standard hours on occasion to ensure that critical support is available across all shift patterns.
- Managing weekly price comparisons report across all our categories
- Developing a detailed knowledge of competitor ranges and prices
- Keeping track of competitor Marketing Activity
- Working with the Promotions team and the Data team to understand how competitor activity has influenced promotional performance in our customer
- Supporting the Marketing, Merchandising and New Product Development teams with sample purchasing and competitor analysis
- Supporting the Merchandising team on fixture builds at our customers Merchandising Centre
- Ensuring our catalogue of products on our customer's Home Shopping website are correct and up to date, managing the photography of new products via Brandbank.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Working on data analysis or customer research that identifies exciting opportunities for business growth
- As a fast-moving environment where resilience, energy, and positivity are valued and important. The energy that you bring to the team will be a big part of your role, as will be the ability to direct that energy towards our customer's business and the consumers of our products.
- You will have the people skills to be able to represent the company at all levels
- creative and have an ability to learn.
- You will be a brilliant team player but will also be perfectly capable of working on your own with minimal guidance.
- A driving licence and your own car are essential. There will be regular travel within the Leeds and Wakefield area.
Closing date is 19/12/2019
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future