|Salary:||£100,000 per year|
We are hiring a Group Finance & Commercial Director based in Chester
Salary: £100k plus excellent benefits
gap personnel are seeking to recruit a strong and accomplished leader to join our entrepreneurial Group in the role of Group Finance and Commercial Director. Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the successful candidate will be a key member of the group executive team. Ideal applicants will have a proven record of leading finance and commercial teams whilst being confident in their ability to support the group’s ambitious growth and profitability objectives.
The role will be varied and challenging, and will include the following key responsibilities:
- Leading a professional team across group finance, credit control, payroll, and procurement functions; this will include coaching and mentorship of departmental heads.
- Working with the operational team to ensure commercial returns are aligned to the mid-term business of both the group and our public parent company.
- Overseeing the group's financial control environment, and compliance across multiple business units and geographic territories as Senior Accounting Officer, ensuring appropriate tax accounting arrangements are in place.
- Owning and overseeing the relationships with the group’s funding partners and developing funding strategies to provide the debt component necessary to underpin the group’s strategic growth objectives.
- Leading the group’s annual budget process to ensure a group financial plan that is fully aligned to the strategic goals.
- Setting an environment where continuous improvement is embraced, and operational efficiencies are sought and executed on a regular basis.
- Reviewing and improving overall supply chain performance both commercially and operationally.
- Leading an IT strategy that provides efficient and effective technological solutions to the group and mitigates cyber risk.
This role will offer a great deal of autonomy, as well as many opportunities for personal and professional growth. The successful candidate will evolve our central services/group finance functions and be a highly effective and ambitious commercial finance lead who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, holding the following experience:
- Qualified Finance Director holding an ACA or similar professional qualification.
- Strong commercial acumen combined with proven influencing skills.
- Leading, coaching, and developing a multi-skilled team to deliver on organisational goals.
- The ability to apply conceptual, analytical, and evaluative skills in accounting operations, and be able to provide professional advice to senior management.
- M&A experience is preferable but not essential.
As the Group Finance and Commercial Director, you will receive:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Attractive annual bonus arrangements
- Long term incentive scheme
- Company car or car allowance alternative
- Private family medical cover
- Contributory pension scheme
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option for remote working when necessary
Our business is heavily focussed on employee engagement with strong core values based around our i-CARE philosophy:
- Innovation – consistently looking to improve all aspects of our business and interactions.
- Consultative – ensuring we seek to find mutually agreeable solutions with all stakeholders.
- Accountable – promoting ownership, and an environment where we accept mistakes happen, but key learnings are taken from these to ensure continuous improvement.
- Real – straight talking honest discussions are central to both our internal and external communication.
- Ethical – ensuring we comply with all regulatory bodies in all of our process and procedures, and an unwavering commitment to act with empathy in our decisions and at all levels of the business.
gap personnel – key facts
gap personnel is one of the UK’s largest recruitment businesses, founded in 1997, it now have an annual turnover of £200m. Our core sectors are industrial blue collar, healthcare, technical and professional mid-management appointments. The business was acquired in 2017 by BeNext Group plc, headquartered in Japan and listed on the Nikkei (Code 2154).
The business is seeking to continue to grow in a sustainable and profitable manner, with an ambitious M&A strategy coupled with further investment planned across new sectors in addition to organic growth.
- Head of Onsite Operations - East
£35,000 - £45,000
- Contract Manager
£28,000 - £33,000
- Line Leader
Kingston upon Hull
£10.40 - £20.92 per hour
- Head of Onsite Operations - East
£35,000 - £45,000 (Dependent on Experience) OTE: £60,000
- Recruitment Consultant / Account Manager