Our client based in the Chester area are currently looking to recruit a highly skilled, professional Head of Quality and Continuous Improvement to join their team on a permanent basis. Responsible to the Group Production Manager, the overall purpose of the job is to lead the company technical strategy and systems to ensure continuous improvements of standards and performances across all production sites. You will be responsible for 8 staff members across 3 sites.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday / 8:30am-5pm
- £50k per annum
- The role will be based in Cheshire but will involve regular travel to the other sites.
- Develop manage & maintain HACCP and QMS for the client.
- Ensure that HACCP systems, quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and adhered to deliver consistent product and services quality and good manufacturing practice in-line with food safety standards, legislations, regulations and client standards/requirements.
- Effectively oversee the management of specifications, supplier’s approval, product approval, pest control, testing, auditing, training, calibration and validation.
- Lead, manage, develop, motivate and train the technical staff through effective coaching, meetings, feedback and appraisals in line with the company frameworks.
- Ensure management of food safety, legality & quality incidents (complaint, non-conformances, withdraw and recall).
- Lead & demonstrate active promotion of “Safety First” and “Client First”.
- Provide technical expertise to the company objectives
- Ensure regular technical communication between sites and across company management levels.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with primary authorities and clients as necessary
- Drive regulatory and governmental initiatives within the company.
- HACCP team leader, Food Defence team leader, Emergency team leader.
- Ensure Food Safety, Legality & Quality of all products at all time.
- Commitment to “Safety First” and “Client First” culture.
- Development & implementation of technical agenda.
- Development of a high-performing technical team.
- Working knowledge of food service, retailer and BRC food safety standards
- Experience in leading teams & team player
- Strong audit experience
- Crisis management experience
- HACCP Trained (Level 4 preferable)
- Food Safety Level 4
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Self-starter mentality
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Problem solver
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.