|Salary:||Up to £23000|
|Contact Name:||Donna Jones|
My client based on the outskirts of Wrexham are an international Manufacturer and Supplier of bespoke products. They offer a portfolio of well over 10,000 different Products, Components and Parts and are made from a variety of engineeredMaterials used in a wide Range of Applications. There are more than 3,200 Employees worldwide in Europe, USA, and Asia.
My client designs and manufactures a variety of electronic products and most of their products are exported to North America and continental Europe.
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
The main purpose of the role is to provide administration and site support for health and safety on a permitted site.
This is a development role where the person will be expected to work towards and gain a NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To promote and encourage excellence in health and safety standards.
- Identify good practices; better methods of work; encourage higher standards; encourage reporting of incidents; ensure a full investigation is undertaken including actions tracked and closed out in a timely manner.
- Arrange monitoring requirements using both internal and external providers and administration of the Health & Safety management system.
- Attendance on SHE Committee meetings, external audits, and project meetings.
- Support in the further development of Risk Assessments, and Visual Work Instructions including training for support functions.
- Work with other departments to enable a swift implementation of new working methods backed up by completed risk assessments and method statements.
- To perform any other duties necessary, as instructed by Senior management, to carry out the job function to the achievement of Company objectives.
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
- To be committed to a strong EHS culture on site. Ensuring that all staff are competent, adequately trained and supported to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
- To adhere to Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Requirements of Role:
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience in a Safety/Health/Hygiene or Environment role in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Experience in preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements or procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office
- Persistent, energetic, and enthusiastic in approach to working and achieving objectives