|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Tyrer|
£40,000 + Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a HSE Manager to work at their facility based near Newport
- Maintain full compliance with legislation and company policy and standards.
- Drive improvements through the business through effective Health, Safety & Environmental audit programmes.
- Carry out regular monitoring audits on health, safety and environmental issues
- Carry out regular Health, Safety & Environmental training with colleagues and contractors.
- Sourcing and instructing training providers to ensure compliance to legislation and a safe working environment.
- Advise the management team of significant issues that may affect the site, ensuring consistent legal compliance and adherence.
- Investigate lost time accidents and other serious incidents and ensure corrective actions are implemented across site. Responsible for all accident and incident documentation.
- Provide the site with technical advice and ensure that the site management team is kept up to date with issues and developments/changes in health, safety and the environment legislation and policies that may affect site objectives, targets and actions plans.
- Coach and Mentor site health and safety representatives and fire wardens.
- Ensure that adequate communication arrangements exist between the site management team and local authorities.
- Liaising with HSE and Environment Agency acting as site contact where necessary.
- Develop Health, Safety and Environmental guidance and policies alongside HR policies.
- Ensuring all records and documentation are kept up to date.
- Ensuring effective risk management programmes are adhered to and Operational staff training records are always kept up to date.
- Inspection, gathering of data, and writing of Internal Safe Systems of Work and then implementation and training thereof.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Policies/Procedures/ Regulations - ideally in a demanding, fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing, Engineering or Technical background with a sound understanding of manufacturing equipment on site in order to conduct effective risk assessments.
- Nebosh Certificate or IOSH Trained.
- Awareness of management systems (OSHAS18001 / ISO14001 / FSC etc.).
- Management system auditing qualification an advantage, training can be provided
- Good general IT skills including Outlook, Excel and other in-house systems.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 15/02/2022