The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are proud to be representing our client based on the Deeside Industrial Park. We’re currently recruiting for a Hygiene Operative to join their team immediately on a temporary basis with the view for the position to be made permanent for the right candidate.
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all basic hygiene, health and safety is adhered to and to assist the Quality Department in the provision of an effective hygiene service to the Deeside Site. This includes both internal and external areas of the factory, general offices, amenities, locker rooms & toilet facilities.
Pay & Hours of Work
• 6am-6pm / 6pm-6am (working on a 7-day shift rota including weekends, day and night shifts)
• Up to £11.36 per hour (DOE)
• A considerable amount of physical effort required in the manual cleaning of all machinery, equipment, walls and fittings
• Exceptional and non-standard environments are encountered weekly in respect of cold, fumes and height restrictions when completing weekend cleaning schedules
• The job is performed within the normal factory environment which exposes the job holder to constant dust, dirt, heat, noise and low level vibrations which are tolerable.
• Full responsibility for the control and usage of all cleaning materials during cleaning procedures
• Directly responsible to ensure that raw materials and finished product are not contaminated during cleaning procedures
• Directly responsible for the correct operation of elevators, filter units and electrical control panels during cleaning procedures
• Directly responsible to ensure that the correct chemicals are being used when cleaning equipment, machinery and fittings
• Directly responsible for carrying out safety checks on all cleaning equipment and machinery prior to use
• A direct responsibility for the safe conduct of all members of the hygiene team when operating specialist cleaning equipment or when working at high level within the production and warehouse areas
• Maintain yard cleanliness & ensure correct segregation of waste intended for disposal or recycling
• The general cleaning of all structures, drains, walls up to and including 7ft in height, and pipework
• The general cleaning of production and warehouse areas in accordance with written schedules
• Carry out specialist and high level cleaning procedures where trained to do so
• Carry out cleaning and hygiene schedules in accordance with plant and equipment operating procedures (SOPs)
• Trained in Manual Handling, Basic Food Hygiene, Safe use of chemicals (Cossh), Safe use of Ladders, High Level Access Equipment
• H&S Awareness
• A fork lift truck licence is desirable
• Experience may be of more value than a formal qualification.
• A sound working knowledge of the food industry with experience of cleaning and hygiene is desirable schedules and cleaning materials
• A good standard of general education is required
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position please send your CV through to Flint@gap-personnel.com or call the Flint Branch on 01352 762213.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31st May 2019