IMPORT SUPPLIER COMPLIANCE ASSISTANT – SOWTON, EXETER / IMMEDIATE START - £23K
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are recruiting for a temporary import and supplier conformity assistant based at Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter on a 4-6-month contract. The role requires a person with experience of Importation of Goods from Europe to the UK.
If successful you would be working for one of the UK’s leading stove and fireplace manufactures who export to 25 countries worldwide.
- Gain a complete understanding of the Rules of Origin and regulations surrounding the claiming of preferential tariff rates under the new TCA (Brexit Deal).
- Prepare documentation to go to our suppliers requesting all required information regarding the products purchased from them to suit our requirements for Importation under preference
- Create Long Term Supplier Declaration (LTSD) Templates for them in the required format and wording to allow them to sign off, in full compliance with their own understanding of the requirements of the TCA, the LTSD’s.
- Ensure that we understand the method and diligence of the supplier’s origin process to provide confidence that the declarations are appropriate.
- Gather, file and link any required supporting information to Import Files. Liaise with Export to ensure that the same information is available to support Export shipping under preference.
- Ensure that Sage is kept in line or updated with current, correct information with regards to Country of Origin.
- Ensure that all such files are dated and alerts set to ensure that supporting information is always kept current.
- Work with the suppliers to ensure they are aware of the requirement for Registered Exporter (REX) status and the collation and storage of this information.
- Any other such actions as maybe required from time to time with regards to the Import requirements.
- Good working knowledge of the Import Requirements from EU and 3rd Countries
- Experience in working in a fast paced Import Department
- Self-starter capable of working under their own direction and with sufficient experience to be able to operate without requiring constant detailed management
- Confident in using Word and Excel.
- This role is a Full Time temporary role and initially expected to be for a period of 4 - 6 months.
- Required for an immediate start
- Hours Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm
- £11.43 per hour
To apply: Please send an up to date CV to Exeter@gap-personnel.com or contact our Exeter office on 01392 273665