gap personnel are currently looking to recruit a laboratory technician for a leading family-owned company which is a major supplier of chilled yoghurts and desserts with their UK Head Office based in Frome. As a laboratory technician you will be required to carry out either chemical or microbiological tests against company standards where you will record and report results against an agreed method.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To be able to carry out all tests within both the Chemistry and Microbiology labs.
- To work safely regarding personal safety and the safety of colleagues and others.
- To be able to carry out environmental and plant hygiene swabs
- To be able to collate all out of spec’ results on the daily exception report and circulate to the designated list.
- To be able to ensure that all stock is rotated correctly, conduct stock-takes and notify the lab management when there is a need to order more stock
- To prepare microbiological media and operate autoclaves.
- To conduct internal audits to given schedule
- To dispose of waste in a safe manner and observe environmental safety.
- To carry out housekeeping duties as directed by the lab management/ housekeeping schedules.
- To undertake routine Quality Controls, and to participate in internal and externally sourced Quality Assessment schemes to measure team and individual testing competence.
- To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
- To be competent with use of lab database LIMs
- To determine and act on non-complying results by communicating information and following up with re-sampling and re-testing.
- To use positive release systems for product ingredients and finished products
- To respond to requests for product release by email/telephone
The pay rate for the role is: £9.50 per hour
This role is a 4 week temporary assignment on a rotational shift pattern as below:
- Monday to Friday w/c 7th October 2pm – 10pm
- Monday to Friday w/c 14th October 6am – 2pm
- Monday to Friday w/c 14th October 2pm – 10pm
- Monday to Friday w/c 21st October 10pm – 6am
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.