Role: Laboratory assistant
Job Term; Temporary on going with a view to going permanent for the right people
Location; Stoke-on-Trent, ST6
Transport is essential
Working hours; Monday to Friday 3pm – 11:30pm
Rate: £9.30 per hour
Leading industrial recruitment agency Gap Personnel acting as an employment business is working in a close partnership with their client based in Stoke on Trent. We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Assistant to join this fantastic working environment. This opportunity is for someone that has a good standard of education in Science, English and Maths and looking to start a career in food testing?
We provide a full brief ahead of the start date.
About the role:
This role will be part of the microbiology production team which provides analytical services to major food manufacturers and suppliers. The position is based across the end-to-end production process from registration of samples, through preparation, plating and incubation. Routine work demands a high level of attention to detail, as well as the ability to work accurately and quickly to controlled methods. The role also involves participation in quality and health and safety training as well as contributing to internal and external quality proficiency schemes.
- General housekeeping and waste management
- Receipt and registration of food samples
- Sample preparation
- Plate labelling
- Pouring and incubation of sample plates
- Media manufacture
- Use of Autoclaves and plate pourers
- Stock Control and maintenance of essential consumables in the lab
- The Candidate:
Good IT literacy skills
- Good general standard of education in Science, English and Maths.
- Experience in a similar working environment within a UKAS accredited laboratory (beneficial, but not essential)
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
No formal qualifications are required because we will provide comprehensive training that will allow you to meet the requirements of the role and develop new skills to progress in your career.
The role is due to start immediately for the successful candidates with an interview prior to job offer.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com