|Contact Name:||Emma White|
Role: Laboratory Assistant
Job Term; Temporary on going with a view to going permanent for the right people.
Location; Stoke-on-Trent, ST6
Working hours; Monday to Friday 3pm – 11:30pm
Rate: £9.30 per hour
- Tis role will be part of the microbiology production team which provides analytical services to major food manufacturers and suppliers.
- The position is based across the end-to-end production process from registration of samples, through preparation, plating and incubation.
- Routine work demands a high level of attention to detail, as well as the ability to work accurately and quickly to controlled methods.
- The role also involves participation in quality and health and safety training as well as contributing to internal and external quality proficiency schemes.
- General housekeeping and waste management
- Receipt and registration of samples
- Sample preparation
- Plate labelling
- Pouring and incubation of sample plates
- Media manufacture
- Use of Autoclaves and plate pourers
- Stock Control and maintenance of essential consumables in the lab
- Good IT literacy skills
- Good general standard of education in Science, English and Maths.
- Experience in a similar working environment within a UKAS accredited laboratory (beneficial, but not essential)
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- No formal qualifications are required because we will provide comprehensive training that will allow you to meet the requirements of the role and develop new skills to progress in your career.
The role is due to start immediately for the successful candidates with an interview prior to job offer.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com or call us 01782 289090