|Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000|
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for Laboratory Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday – Friday
Salary: 30-35k per year
Summary: We require a time served Laboratory Manager . This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and growing company that can offer excellent career opportunities and perks. This role will involve looking after and monitoring staff
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks carried out within the work area are done so in a manner to protect product safety, integrity, authenticity, quality and legality in accordance with the Food Safety & Quality Management system and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the positive release of finished products based on organoleptic, microbiological & chemical testing results and for ensuring any non-conforming product is identified.
- To liaise with the Technical Manager on matters affecting product safety, integrity, authenticity, quality and legality.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure the effective flow of information resulting from analyses.
- To organise laboratory team rotas and holidays to ensure sufficient and suitable resource at all times appropriate to forecasted volumes and required tasks.
- Day-to-day development and training of lab personnel to achieve and maintain a multi-skilled team to meet the changing needs of the company, ensuing that individuals are fully trained in the tasks they are required to undertake.
- To implement and maintain lab quality systems based on CLAS requirements and Lactalis standard methods and Lactalis operating procedures.
- To monitor laboratory supplies and consumables, raising order requisitions to ensure continuity of supply.
- To ensure the required calibration, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment is carried out in line with requirements.
- To ensure that the laboratories comply with the company’s Health & Safety and Food Safety policies.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of control.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the domestic cleaning staff including cleaning duties, holiday cover.
Computer literate - excel, word.
Formal qualifications in a relevant subject (e.g. Microbiology, Food science, Food Safety, HACCP).
Desirable (but not essential)
Quality management Systems.
Health & Safety.
Laboratory operations (Microbiology & Food chemistry)
Team building & working.
Lean manufacturing /continuous improvement training.
Health & Safety.
Closing date is 20th of February
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future