Laboratory Supervisor, Exeter
Temp to Perm or Permanent Opportunity
gap personnel are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor for a manufacturing company based in Marsh Barton, Exeter
This role will require you to supervise the day to day activities of the laboratory & it’s staff. To troubleshoot and rectify technical issues of the shop floor, and to support the production, quality and environmental departments. To deputise for the EHS/Laboratory manager when required
The successful candidate will:
- Management and control of the daily activities of the laboratory ensuring all analysis and testing is completed on time and to the correct standard or legislative and regulatory requirements including and not limited to:-
- Supervise & carry out routine analysis and testing when required
- Carry out environmental monitoring as required.
- Supervise and carry out mechanical testing as required (i.e. Salt spray & humidity)
- Troubleshoot and rectify technical issues including liaising with suppliers
- Maintain and update laboratory records
- Support the Production, Quality and Environmental Departments
- Management of cover for the operation of the effluent plant and laboratory during sickness and holiday periods.
- Maintain 5’s and keeping the laboratory clean and tidy
- Manage and maintain laboratory stock levels.
- Supervise & train laboratory technicians.
- Make sure that all laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- Update/create SOPs as required.
About you as an individual:
- Flexible approach to working, evenings and weekends will be required if workload demands
- GCSE grade C or above in; Science, Mathematics and English
- Excellent I.T skills, (Microsoft Excel in particular)
- At least 12 months experience working as a laboratory technician or supervisor
- Excellent time management/organisational skills
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines & prioritise as required
- Excellent communication skills with staff at all levels of the business
- Basic Understanding of COSHH/Relevant H&S requirements
The role requires someone with previous laboratory experience and a good basic level of education and I.T skills, specific knowledge of surface treatment techniques is not essential but desired.
- 8.00 – 16:30 (Mon -Thurs),
- 08:00 – 15:00 (Fri)