|Location:||Stoke on Trent|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Deaville|
Do you have a good standard of education in Science, English and Maths and looking to start a career in food testing?
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will be part of the microbiology production team which provides analytical services to major food manufacturers and suppliers.
Your routine workload will include:
- General housekeeping and waste management
- Receipt and registration of samples
- Sample preparation
- Plate labelling
- Pouring and incubation of sample plates
- Media manufacture
- Use of Autoclaves and plate pourers
- Stock Control and maintenance of essential consumables in the lab
Health and Safety
- To comply with all required Health and Safety protocols and promote a good H&S culture throughout the lab
Quality Management Systems
- Comply with Accreditation requirements
- Comply with training requirements
This is an excellent entry level role and would suit someone interested in science and looking to start their career. The role will be based in Stoke on Trent (ST6), You will be required to work Monday to Friday 3pm to 11.30pm and be able to commit to weekday/weekend overtime as required.
- Good IT literacy skills
- Good general standard of education in Science, English and Maths.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
No formal qualifications are required because we will provide comprehensive training that will allow you to meet the requirements of the role and develop new skills to progress in your career.