Gap Personnel are currently seeking to recruit a Lathe Maintenance Operator Members on behalf of a well-established client based in the Port Talbot area. Our clients business is growing and as a result, we are now seeking new talent to join their manufacturing teams. The environment is busy and fast paced.
Our client is a busy, heavy industrial company distributing its product worldwide. As such, they are looking to add new members of staff to their team. This role requires a high level of attention, accuracy and a previous working history in heavy industrial/manufacturing.
Contract: This is a temporary on-going position which could lead to permanent for the right candidates.
Salary: for the first 12 weeks it will be £11.04 after 12 weeks this will increase to £11.34
Shifts: Alternating between days and afternoons 06:00-14:00 14:00-22:00
To primarily operate the Lathe ensuring that customer delivery and quality requirements are met. As part of this help manage the ‘quarantined rolls’ area and ensure that all safety and quality protocols are followed.
To use a variety of Non Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques to determine the level of damage in aborted rolls, and to recommend whether lathe processing or other actions are needed. As part of this to ensure that all paperwork is correctly filled in and stored.
To perform any other duties within the Engineering Services Department, that you are competent do.
In addition, secondary to this, operation of Grinder 4 will be required and to provide assistance with BU roll building and stripping. To provide a repair and maintenance engineering support for front line breakdowns and maintenance maximising plant availability and equipment performance.
Your duties will include but not be subjected to:
- Operate lathe machine to meet production requirements, target is to have 100% production uptime.
- Ensure ‘quarantined rolls’ area meets safety and housekeeping standards. Perform housekeeping and roll wrapping duties as required.
- Assist in moving rolls to and from the roll quarantine area.
- Ensure safety equipment for quarantined rolls is available and in good condition, raising any discrepancies to line management immediately.
- Undertake NDT examination of rolls to determine the severity of damage and recommend the amount of lathe reclamation required. Suggest alternative ‘salvage’ options if appropriate.
- Assist Grinding Operators in ensuring a quick turnaround of damaged rolls back to fully ground and good rolls. Support slinging and lifting and roll movement requirements.
- To provide assistance with BU roll building and stripping.
- When requested, provide mechanical support for front line breakdowns and maintenance
- Undertake inspections / checks and repairs to ensure environmental and safety controls and equipment are working effectively.
- Inform the Maintenance Engineer when spare parts/equipment are required.
- Complete all required paperwork promptly and accurately.
- To perform all duties in conformance with TTL safety, environmental and quality policies and procedures (IBMS system)
- Any other operational duties as determined by the Shift Foreman / Production Manager.
To apply, please submit your CV or alternatively please call gap personnel on: 01443 843499.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for application is the 31st May 2019.