gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for an FMCG Line Leader based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
Packing will run from now until January 2021 due to large contract wins which sees an increase in their packing volumes for the year. Full training will be provided for this role, alongside additional company inductions to ensure you are able to complete your duties competently at all times.
The role of the Packing Line Leader will involve:
- Maintain a productivity target is achieved and that product is supplied for distribution on time and through full adherence to production plans.
- Ensure that the Production job sheets, planned each day, are completed for your line with the “standard” agreed with the Factory Manager/Front Line Manager.
- Ensure we have Guides to Productions and SOP’s for all product lines and they are kept in good order. Report any difference’s or changes to your Factory Manager/ Front Line Manager.
- Conduct basic housekeeping responsibilities ensuring that all cleaning is conducted to the required standard
- Report absence and behavioural issues to your Factory Manager/Front Line Manager.
- Continuously monitor the performance of your team and offer suggestions as to how improvements can be made
- To inspire and lead the teams in all aspects of operational improvement
- Ensure efficient line change overs occur, between production runs, making sure all Products & Packaging are returned to the correct warehouse locations at the end of each production run with corrected quantity and pallet sheet.
- Working in conjunction with the Production Quality Team, ensure that customer specifications for all quality attributes are met.
- Act as internal coach and be able to help develop the skills of other team members within the line and act as a mentor during training
The working hours currently are: Monday to Friday – 8am-4pm although as the site enters peak this will then switch to Monday to Friday 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm
The pay rate for the role is: Monday to Friday - £9.61 per hour rising to £10.11 per hour after successfully completing your 12 week probation period.
Cannot get to one of our local branches? No need to worry, we are now able to register remotely to minimise any risks and unnecessary contact with others. All you need to register are your registration documents and video messenger on your phone such as WhatsApp, FaceTime or Facebook messenger.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
If you intrested please forward your CV to email@example.com