|Salary:||£24000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Brown|
£24,000-£25,000 per annum
Our client based in the Wrexham area is currently looking to recruit a Line Leader to join their team on a permanent basis. As the Line Leader you will support the EV supervisor and the EV team, ensuring the EV department is running efficiently with regards to quality, yield, legal compliance including the day-to-day completion of administration, attendance, training, performance and the maximising of edible offal harvesting.
- To ensure that all birds/meat carrying disease does not reach the consumer.
- Ensuring the hygiene and GMP of the EV area.
- To ensure that dressing is hygienic to avoid unnecessary contamination of birds/meat, as excessive contamination assists in transferring food poison germs to consumers.
- Ensuring the team record disease levels in flocks, helping to improve broiler management.
- Monitoring welfare by identifying injured birds during inspection, assisting in ensuring birds are reared, caught and transported in a welfare friendly way.
- Ensure and manage the timings of breaks to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency.
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions and take action as required including any SIC's.
- To lead by example with your team, working in a safe manner and promoting all company policies including Health and Safety, Bird Welfare, Food Safety and Hygiene.
- Ensure that any incidents/accidents are dealt with in the correct manner to cover legal obligations and to promote a culture of Safety within the team.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Working in line with culture of continuous improvement - report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Department supervisor including improvements and solutions.
- Ensure the teamwork in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within your area and across the wider business e.g., reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Self- motivated and ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Mechanically Minded.
- Aware and understand the importance of Health and Safety, Hygiene and animal welfare regulations.
- Good knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Comfortable handling birds.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team.
- Numerate and Literate.
- Ability to cope with routine work and FMCG environment.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/06/2021