MACHINE MINDER ROLE!
UP TO £14.42 PER HOUR
IMMEDIATE STARTS IN CLITHEROE.
Shift Patterns & Rate of Pay;
Monday to Friday- 6am to 2pm £10.09per hour
Monday to Friday- 3pm-11pm £11.00 per hour
Rates of pay will increase after training to up to £14.42 per hour
Saturday bonus aid at £50 if 6 days work completed
Machine Minders wanted for immediate starts at one of our well established clients based in Clitheroe;
Key Duties for Machine Minders;
- Providing support for the Technical department; testing & measuring performance of products and processes in line with Legal, QMS, BRC, and customer requirements.
- Specific product testing includes pH monitoring, temperature monitoring, gas checking, metal detection, product composition, packaging checks.
- In addition to routine product testing, ongoing assessment must be carried out of packaging quality, namely labelling position, date printing and seal integrity.
- Product quality checks – product going to line and on line.
- Where non-compliance occurs, reporting the detail to line manager and assisting in the application of corrective/preventative action.
- Able to challenge factory standards in an appropriate way.
- Drive line cleaning standards and monitoring personnel hand washing and PPE procedures are followed.
- Responsible for using and maintaining technical equipment.
- Supervise end of AM shift clean where necessary.
Qualifications; Desirable but not essential. Training will be provided
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene
- Essential Hygiene and Chemical Awareness
- Level 1/2 HACCP
- ESOL Entry 2 or equivalent (preferable)
Experience for Machine Minder;
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
Key Skills and Knowledge for Machine Minder;
- Understanding of appropriate use of PPE
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to Communicate effectively across departments and work well with others
- Good English (written, verbal) and good basic numeracy
- Ability to work in an organised, methodical manner
- Ability to Understand & apply the requirements stated by line manager of; current applicable food legislation, BRC Global Standard, and customer codes of practice
- Good analytical abilities
- Able to coach on procedures and process, when non-conformance is identified
- Energetic, and enthusiastic
- Flexible attitude
- Rates increase after 12 weeks or training if applicable
- Temp to perm contracts available
- Canteen Facilities
- Car Parking
- 40 hour working week
- Training & Progression
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job