Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer? Are you looking for a new challenge?
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who are a leading Aircraft Company located in the Reading location. They currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity.
Maintain and improve condition of plant, equipment, buildings and services through preventative maintenance and other appropriate procedures. Take responsibility for performing, organising through third parties and recording various statutory and safety checks – to agreed schedules. Maintain security of site and perform duties in pursuance of current Health and Safety regulations.
Plant and Equipment
- Plant and equipment repairs and breakdowns
- Carry out preventative maintenance (PM) procedures and update records
- Co-ordinate the PAT testing and logging of all equipment
- Maintain and update company plant register
- Installation of new plant and equipment
- Competent Person appointed by the company for the assessment of lifting equipment
Building and Services
- Install and upgrade services when required
- Maintain and repair all factory services
- Maintain and repair buildings, fixtures and fittings
- Maintain air conditioning, heating and water systems
Security and Safety
- Monitor and control factory security
- Undertake duties of Fire Warden
Qualifications & Requirements:
- An indentured apprenticeship, craft or technical qualification is desirable but relevant specialist experience is acceptable
- Formal Electrical Qualification
- Formal training required in all safety and regulatory activities as necessary
- Full Driving Licence
- 17/18 Edition
- Forklift license
- PAT Testing Qualification
- IOSH Accreditation
- MEWP Accreditation
- Working at Height Training
Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Competent in maintenance activities
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please apply today.
Closing date is 25th january 2020.
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future