Back to job search
|Contact Name:||Donna Jones|
My client is a leader in their field of manufacturing and produce products for the UK and Globally
Due to a re-organisation in their business, they are looking for a Fitter to join their team
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework, mixing tanks, bagging lines, conveyors, palletising machine, fans, motors, and bearings etc.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify breakdowns
- Stripping down / reassemble of equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, motors, fans and bearings
- Mechanical plant/machine installation and modifications.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals & other technical information.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permits to work.
- The use of various hand/power tools.
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Fault Finding and carrying out root cause analysis.
- Always demonstrate good HSE practices and ways of working whilst also contributing towards the current health and safety guidelines and site requirements.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Recognised Mechanical apprenticeship and be educated to HNC, ONC, NVQ or City and Guilds level 3 in Maintenance as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training/experience with MEWP's, Confined Spaces, and working at height
- Excellent Engineering/Technical Skills
- FLT and MEWP/Scissor-Lift licence an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- Welding experience an advantage but not essential
- Trained in Manual Handling
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable approach to work
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Must be positive, proactive, problem solver and willing to learn.
6am-6pm/6pm-6am - 4on, 4off
This role is PERMANENT