Gap Personnel Group, operating as an employment business, are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Operatives for one our well-established client based in Blackburn. This position is a permanant role. The ideal candidate will have a good attitude to work.
Purpose of the Job
The role of a maintenance operative covers a wide range of tasks including legislative checks, reactive helpdesk requests and weekly planned maintenance duties. The maintenance operative will work with and support the maintenance team under the direction of the Estates/Facilities Manager. The operative will carry out tasks throughout the site and work with academic staff, support staff and students. It is critical that the maintenance operative is always flexible, professional and diplomatic.
The day to day tasking of the maintenance operative will be the responsibility of the Estates/Facilities Manager, although the operative must be proactive and be able to work unsupervised on occasions.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable. The application should have at least one certification in a trade with carpentry skills.
Crucially, the right individual will be the one willing to learn and make the job his/her own in a way that ensuring that an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times.
This position will require an enhanced DBS.
- Carry out general ad hoc maintenance requests as directed.
- Carry out weekly planned assigned maintenance duties.
- Carry out projects as requested
- Monitor waste and cleanliness of the maintenance workshop, cleaning once a week
- Carry out manual handling tasks
- Assist in weekly fire alarm testing
- Assist grounds team on occasions
- Assist in construction of access equipment
- Collect materials from suppliers as required using the maintenance van
- Assist with cover during absences, for mini bus routes or other general maintenance roles.
This list is not exhaustive but rather an indication of the main requirements of the role.
Shift Pattern & Hourly Rates
The role will be on a shift rotation between the hours of 6am & 10pm which will rotate weekly. Working week is 40 hours per week.
The salary for the role is £19,000-£22,000 per annum dependant on experience.
How to apply
If you think you are suitable for the role, please email your CV.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job