Our client based in the Wrexham area are looking for a Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant has responsibility for managing all day-to-day financial transactions relating to a small number of designated companies. The role requires a broad range of accounting skills – from maintenance of Fixed Asset register to posting accruals and prepayments, from preparation of VAT returns and submissions to gross margin analysis and commentary, from balance sheet reconciliations to preparing monthly management accounts. The Management Accountant is an important Business Partner both to other Head Office support functions (including Credit Control and HR Payroll) and also to Sales and Operations. This position has extensive commercial involvement and autonomous control over publication and analysis of weekly and monthly MI reporting.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday / General Office Hours
- £35k per annum
- Produce monthly MI including main P&L and all branches/onsite P&L’s, Balance Sheet and Cashflows.
- Liaise with SMT/directors on any queries.
- Review costs and check postings.
- Daily use and maintenance of the Sage X3 system.
- Maintain cashflow models.
- Drawdown money from ID facility.
- Upload daybooks to ID facility.
- Complete ID facility reconciliations.
- Post non-factored bank.
- Post accruals, prepayments and other adhoc monthly costs.
- Maintain and track overheads.
- Post Salaries into the accounting system.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Raise sales invoices for intercompany transactions and post journals.
- Post recharge of SMP.
- Run Fixed Assets and monthly depreciation .
- Post Bank advance charges.
- Submission of VAT returns and payments.
- Monthly PAYE payments and reconciliations.
- Corporation Tax payments.
- Collate data for annual PSA & P11Ds.
- Bank audits for cash facilities.
- Liaise with year-end auditors to ensure numbers are checked and submitted to companies’ house.
- Manage VAT inspections when required.
- Complete & submit National Statistic surveys.
- CCAB qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) accountant or in final stages of qualification.
- Proven technical accounting knowledge.
- Advanced MS excel skills including e.g. vlookup and pivot tables.
- Financially astute, articulate and technically diligent with the ability to communicate with financial and non-financial peers.
- Confident with proven experience dealing with HMRC and other third parties.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Proven ability to act decisively under pressure.
- Previous experience working as a Management Accountant with Month end Management Accounts responsibilities.
- Energetic, highly motivated and with an enquiring mind.
- Passionate about personal and business growth and success.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.