|Contact Name:||Gap Manchester|
SET-UP DRIVER: JOB DESCRIPTION
The Market Set-up Driver is part of the team that sets up and takes down the market stalls for the twice weekly (Tuesday and Saturday) market on Buxton Market Place, they will be responsible for driving the company’s vehicle and trailers to transport equipment from their storage locations and the Market Place.
- Experience / skills required
- Personal skills / experience
- Experience of driving a Light Commercial Vehicle and Trailer
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Reasonable physical fitness to set-up and take down stalls
- Technical skills / experience
- Full, clean driving licence including category C1E
At each market the driver will report to one of the directors or a set-up team leader who will be responsible for organizing the set up and taking down of the market stalls.
Work location:- Buxton Market Place and equipment storage locations.
Work hours: Variable hours on Market Day (Tuesday and Saturday) typically being 4-6 hours consisting of a split shift. Set up of the market will typically be between 5.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and taking down the market between 3.30 p.m. and 7.00 p.m.
Personal protective equipment will be provided as required, e.g., hi-viz vest, safety boots, gloves, Covid face mask.
- Work as part of the team erecting and dismantling the stalls.
- Take responsibility for the setting up of stalls and equipment, including the transfer of trailers to and from off-site storage using an electric vehicle.
- Take responsibility for the dismantling of stalls and equipment, ensure rubbish is removed and the market area left clean and tidy at the end of the day, with all company property safely stored away.
- Ensure that the vehicle, trailers, spare stalls and other company items are stowed safely and securely in line with any agreements that apply to the use of the storage spaces.
- Notify the directors of any defects to the electric vehicle, trailers and other equipment and notify of any maintenance required.
- Carry out any other relevant duties as may be required to ensure the success of the markets