|Location:||Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£37000 - £40000 per annum|
£37,000 - £40,000
Welwyn Garden City
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Material Planner to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- To order and plan deliveries of all metal sheet and plate
- To monitor supplier delivery performance
- To liaise with Suppliers and Production Planning to ensure material availability to support customer requirements
- To monitor order book changes and make adjustments as necessary
- To analyse lead times, optimise throughput and reduce inventory levels
- To undertake self-identified Improvement Activities
- Raise material purchase orders/PRs and maintain records of all purchase order authorisations in line with the SOX compliance and DOA regulations.
- Process internal contract reviews and ensure materials are procured from approved suppliers and to all required specifications and releases.
- Communicate incoming deliveries with stores personnel.
- Clear Import consignments in line with IPR policy and maintain records of all imports.
- Maintain material forecast and update regularly
- Attend monthly supplier reviews, and visit suppliers as necessary.
- Progress chase all outstanding purchase orders.
- Create and update reporting as and when required by management
- As a customer focussed organisation all employees are expected to acquire basic product knowledge and take responsibility for providing effective front-line customer support by answering telephone calls or emails when required;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths; ICT
- Broad manufacturing /supply chain knowledge and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures & standards;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both immediate team members and other production teams;
- IT proficiency with the ability to input and retrieve data;
- Manufacturing or Operational qualification
- First Aid
- Fire Marshal
- Quality management
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Understanding of Change Management.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 19/05/2022