|Location:||Oldbury, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Up to £31000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Brown|
£31k per annum
gap Technical are recruiting a Mechanical/Electrical Fitter to join our client's team based in Oldbury. As the Mechanical/Electrical Fitter you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the operational performance of the plant.
- To take personal responsibility for their own and others safety through safe working practices.
- Execution of planned preventative maintenance as direct by Engineering Manager.
- Defect rectification.
- Breakdown resolution.
- Responsible for machinery isolation.
- Responsible for care of tools and equipment used.
- Participation in shift briefings.
- Liaising with operations team to support continuous improvement.
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant.
- Dynamic risk assessment for bespoke jobs and ensure involvement of appropriate staff.
- Quick and effective repairing of all equipment.
- Proactive and reactive approach to plant repairs.
- Completion of work arising from daily action lists to agreed time and priority.
- Sign off on all work completed.
- Keep records of parts and equipment used.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping leaving all working areas clean and tidy.
- Sign in and sign out of tools and equipment.
- Reporting of defects with tools and equipment.
- To work with off-going/oncoming operative to ensure effective handover of area between shifts.
- Ensure good attendance and timekeeping.
- Time served mechanical or electrical engineer/fitter.
- Previous experience of manufacturing or processing industry; and major plant and equipment.
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance regimes.
- Exposure to Dynamic risk assessments.
- Good communications skills.
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/05/2021