Applicants require the following:
You are registered as a Mental Health Nurse and have proof of this, in the form of your NMC Pin.
- A Registered Enhanced DBS
- In Date Certificates
- Proof of right to work within the U.K.
- Own car is desirable due to the location of the client.
Your job role will include:
- Caring for patients experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness;
- Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care;
- Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns;
- Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment;
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
- Applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals;
- Providing evidence-based individual therapy, such as cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety;
- Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate;
- organising social events aimed at developing patients' social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
- Preparing and maintaining patient records;
- producing care plans and risk assessments for individual patients;
- Ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of patients are observed;
- Working with patients' families and carers, helping to educate them and the patient about their mental health problems;
- Promoting a 'recovery' based approach to care.
**Your main responsibility will be ensuring that residents are comfortable, looked after and receiving a high standard of care.**
Pay: £20.00ph to £25.00ph
At gap healthcare we can offer an excellent rate of pay as advertised as well as full time hours or block bookings.
Help us make a difference to someone`s life, by applying today. Call gap healthcare Norwich on either 01603 917922 or 07823345946.
Or bring all relevant documents to:
Queen Street, Old Bank of England Court, Norwich, NR2 4SX
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your