The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
If the answer is yes then read on…
gap healthcare is seeking experienced Mental Health Support Workers to join one of our leading clients in the Norwich area. Both full-time and part-time positions are available on days and nights.
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 months experience, you must also be passionate and motivated to provide nothing but the highest standard of care.
You will be supporting residents on a day-to-day basis, encouraging a 'recovery' based perspective to care, including a holistic approach.
Your job role will include:
- Caring for residents experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness.
- General housekeeping e.g. domestic duties etc. and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives.
- Facilitating socialisation and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out.
- Applying `de-escalation` techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour.
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
- To support Service Users to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary.
- To create opportunities for Service Users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities.
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- Minimum 6 months of experience in working within a similar environment.
- An understanding of the needs of patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English.
- Observant and sensitive to a Service User's needs.
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices.
Location: North of Norwich
Pay: £8.50ph - £10.00ph
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time or part time hours,
Please contact the team on: 01603 917922.
Or bring all relevant documents to:
Queen Street, Old Bank of England Court, Norwich, NR2 4SX
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.