Gap Personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for a Metal Shop Team Leader based in Sowton, Exeter.
Working for an ever growing, thriving manufacturing company based in Sowton, Exeter, our client is the market leader in its sector and one of the largest in Europe.
The company are keen to be reactive to any changes of the business needs and would look for candidates who are keen to learn and develop their skill sets.
You will be working as part of a small team based in the Metal Shop. The role is to provide support to the supervisor and ensure the manufacturing, testing and maintenance of quality control and production.
Pay: £22,000-24,000 per annum.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 14:00pm - 10:30pm - 19:30pm on a Friday
This is a permanent opportunity.
The role will also include:
- Monitoring and prioritising work through the department, ensuring requirements are met
- Monitoring KPI’s and annual team appraisals
- Monitor and control attendance and holidays
- Take ownership of health and safety within the department and team members are working within company guidelines and procedures
- Ensure all company process controls are implemented and adhered to and report any areas where this is either not possible
- The ideal candidate:
- Will have experience of supervising a small team and working within a manufacturing environment
- CNC machine operating desirable - Experience in operating a press brake and CNC punch operationwithout supervision
- Will have experience working with metal sheet fabrication, technical drawings and measuring equipment
- Have excellent communication
- Have strong leadership/supervisory skills and experience
- Be a dynamic team leader, with enthusiasm, drive and motivation
- Have the passion to lead and drive the team to improve productivity
- Be computer literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Forklift Licence is desirable, but not essential
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Discount
- Staff Recommendation Scheme
For more information please contact the Exeter Office.
Applications must be received within 14 days of the advert placement.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.