The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Our client, the UK’s leading pub, cider & beer company is currently looking for Mill Operatives to join them on a temporary basis in August 2019.
Working at our Ledbury Mill, you will be working within a cider production environment where you must be aware of and maintain a high level of food safety and hygiene procedures.
Your role will involve working on the apple production line using various processes to help in the grading, sorting and extraction of the apple concentrate to make some of the UK’s best-known cider brands. A high level of dexterity is required for the role as you will be expected to be keep up with the fast pace of the milling process.
Duties & responsibilities will include: -
- Maintain a flexible approach to work to meet team based work requirements.
- Observe and maintain safety levels with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
- Undertake training to meet food legislation requirements.
- Operate and maintain machinery
- Checking fruit to make sure it is of a good standard
- Unload trailers if required
- Maintain a strict level of personal and workplace hygiene
- As part of a team manage time and plan the schedule of work
- Work as part of a busy team, but also be resourceful and make independent decisions as required
- Liaise and communicate with other teams
The ideal candidate must be able to: -
- Participate in the running of the team and the site as a whole
- Work as part of a team and actively participate in team decision making
- Show initiative, and work independently without supervision
- Take on responsibility, and complete tasks set through to the end
- Share and exchange information with others
- Demonstrate a good level of English and computer literacy
Working hours are Monday – Sunday on shifts 6am – 6pm & 6pm – 6am, working 6 shifts on & 3 days off. Pay rates are £8.82 going up to £10.39 depending on experience plus an attendance bonus payable on completion of contract.
Please submit your CV to Gloucester@gap-personnel.com or for further details contact Maria Thorne or Denisa Crisan on 01452 302852.