|Salary:||£30,000 - £33,000|
MOULD SETTER / REDRUTH – PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY
Location: Redruth, Cornwall
Assignment: Permanent contract
Hours: Week 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 18:45pm – 07:00am, Week 2 – Wednesday & Thursday 18:45pm – 07:00am
Pay: £30,000 - £33,000
Gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for 2 Mould Setters to join our well known manufacturing client based in Redruth, Cornwall on a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be joining a company that manufacturer an extensive range of patio furniture, indoor and outdoor storage solutions, tool storage systems and household organization products. Our clients products are designed with the most innovative technologies and built with sustainable materials, with their products being available in over 100 countries through leading retailers.
Duties as a Mould Setter:
- Ensuring achievement of Mould Change requirements for each shift
- Set tools following correct standard sequence
- Carrying out processes ensuring parts produced are of suitable standard
- Safely transport moulds between tool racking and machines as required
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained
- Completing paperwork relevant to Mould Change and settings in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete required documentation for concessions and rectifications
- Remove faulty tools to tool room to minimize machine downtime
- Operate overhead crane
- Review production procedures in like with KPI targets
- Highlight opportunities for improvements in the working environment and improvements in plant efficiency
- Ensure Bill of Material is followed raising concessions and deviations where necessary
- Ensure all operations are in line with current Health & Safety legislation and guidelines
- Undertake project work as required
- Use appropriate PPE at all times
- Confident with injection moulding process
- Technically qualified in the operating of injection moulding equipment and ancillaries
- Extensive knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes
- Good basic engineering and pipe fitting skills
- Can do attitude
- Strong communication skills
We are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Successful applications will be contacted within 1 week of the closing date.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV via the Apply Now button or contact our Exeter Office on 01392 273665 for more information.