|Location:||Rotherham, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Tyrer|
£40,000 - £44,000 (days)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Multiskilled Engineer to work at their facility based near Rotherham on days.
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance plastic injection moulding machines. All very sizable machines and can range up to 2000 tonnes.
- Additional maintenance of the associated ancillary equipment including robots, Material handling systems, conveyors and some general facilities maintenance.
- You will be responsible for carrying out PPM's of all machinery to ensure safe and efficient operation and working towards engineering KPI's and manufacturing targets are maximised regarding OEE, Scrap, OTIF & Energy.
- Training and mentoring engineering apprentices.
- Projects & process improvements.
- Any other duties as directed by the engineering manager.
- Periodic and Preventive maintenance.
- Attending breakdowns and maintenance support as needed by production.
- Achieving Maintenance KPI's to ensure manufacturing targets are maximised.
- Support continuous improvement projects (e.g. OEE, uptime, throughput, waste reduction, housekeeping and process improvement) throughout the factory.
- General facilities maintenance.
- Working alongside current engineering staff and cross department support.
- Projects and process improvements.
- General support and guidance of apprentices.
- Work to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Be an effective & active member of the Engineering team, driving successful culture & policies
- Demonstrate commitment to the company guidelines and policies
- The successful candidate will ideally of completed a time served engineering apprenticeship
- A background in heavy industry, ideally plastics / injection / blow moulding will be a distinct advantage however not a prerequisite.
- You must be an excellent communicator and be able to plan and organise efficiently.
- Cross skill training (Electrical to Mechanical Conversion)
- 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations (minimum)
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/05/2021