|Salary:||£39800 - £41800 per annum|
Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician
£39,800 - £41,800
3 on 3 off Days/Nights 12 hr shifts
gap technical are proud to be representing this Industry Leading FMCG manufacturing business in their search for a number of Multi Skilled Engineering Technician's to work at their facility based near Derby
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and anyone else who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- To co-operate with their employer or anyone else in the performance of their statutory duties
- No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety, environment, hygiene or welfare
- To ensure all work is performed in an environmentally sound manner that helps reduce waste, energy usage, emissions etc., and meets with the Company's sustainability commitments
- To immediately report any incident or hazard to their Manager to mitigate the risk and prevent recurrence
- Work closely with the Engineering Team Lead, taking responsibility for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of operational targets.
- Continuously work to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
- Complete the full range of maintenance activities across the entire installed asset base within the area that they work.
- Rapidly diagnose and resolve both mechanical, electrical plus basic control & instrumentation faults.
- Complete all work allocated to a high standards having the ability to complete all maintenance tasks across the installed asset base.
- Accurately completing all monitoring systems required by the Company in accordance with Company Policies/Procedures/Standards.
- Reporting any non-conformances to Company Policies/Procedures/Standards and supporting corrective action activities.
- Pro-actively identifying areas for continuous improvement within the production work environment/equipment/systems.
- Demonstrating a willingness to develop within the role to achieve Excellent Competency Levels.
- HNC Multi-skilled Qualification (Electrical or Mechanical bias) - Desirable
- Apprentice Trained / Timeserved Engineering Apprenticeship - Essential
- Food Safety Level 2
- HACCP Level 2
- Statutory Legislation
- Ability to understand and to work to approved Standards / Safe Operating Procedures
- IT Literate
- Good understanding and awareness of Safety and Quality Standards within a workplace
- Experience within an environment working to set Standards and key performance indicators
- Experience inputting and analysing data
- Basic user of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Food Safety Level 3
- HACCP Level 3
- Powered Pallet Truck Licence
- MHE licences
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement or Lean Manufacturing Approaches
- Ability to Fault Find on Equipment Groups/Machinery
- Ability to Participate in Root Cause Analysis Assessments
- Understanding of Waste Reduction and Yield Management Approaches
- Understanding of Risk Assessment Processes.
- Health & Safety Standards Level 2
- Environmental Awareness
- GMP Standards
- Experience within a FMCG environment working to set Standards and key performance indicators
- Participation in Continuous Improvement Activities or Root Cause Analysis Assessments
- Participation in Completing Work Environment / Area Risk Assessment Processes
Please send your CV and call Rebecca at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 10/09/2021