Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, are you looking for a new opportunity within Health and Social care industry or looking to start your career?
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Cambridge/Hertfordshire, near Royston
Hours of work: 4 week rota pattern of 14 day shifts 7.30am to 9pm or 14 night shifts 8.45pm to 8.15am – Ave 39hrs per week.
Salary: £8.75- £9.70ph + a night supplement of £15 per night (c. £2,730 per year)
Multiple vacancies – Full time and Part time hours or flexible shifts are available
Our client is looking for a number of youth support workers for one of the UK’s leading providers in child care services providing education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties resulting in complex learning needs. Set in the borders of Cambridge and Hertfordshire the site provides extensive space for learning, developing and living.
As a night or day support worker your role will involve:
- Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care and ensuring care during the night.
- Ensuring that medical needs are met at all times
- Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
This is an incredibly challenging yet rewarding role, where being willing to lend a hand wherever required is essential.
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
- Exceptional communication skills and patience
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children’s needs
- Ability to work on a rota pattern
You will have a chance to work with a supportive team whose common goal is to empower and support wherever is required.
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in HSC which will be funded by us!
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 30th February 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future