PACKING OPERATIVES / NIGHT SHIFTS / PERMANENT OPPORTUNITIES
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for packing line operatives for a state of the art and modern food manufacturers based in Okehampton, Devon. The packing operative role will be for at least 3 months but has the opportunity to go permanent.
The business prides itself on its premium and organic produce, whilst maintaining the highest levels of food hygiene and safety. gap personnel are pleased to support this business predominantly within the packing department.
Within the packing department you will be responsible for:
- Making up packing boxes (no heavier than 400g per packet)
- Packing multiple packets into bulk boxes for distribution
- Quality control checks of products for defects, damage, mislabelled
- Loading cooked products into racking cages
- Ensuring all H&S and food hygiene rules are vigorously adhered to
You will be provided with a rotational shift pattern of:
- Monday to Friday – 10pm-6am
The pay rate for the role weeks 1 – 12:
- Basic Rate - £9.30 per hour
- Overtime + 37.5 hrs - £13.95 per hour
The pay rate for the role weeks 13+:
- Basic Rate - £10.47 per hour
- Overtime + 37.5 hrs - £15.66 per hour
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group who operate as an Employment Business.