gap personnel are currently looking to recruit 25 warehouse pickers for day and night shifts based in Portbury.
Our client is one of Europe’s largest foodservice suppliers and provides start-of-the-art facilities to its employees ensuring that each and every staff can perform to the maximum of their capabilities and as efficiently as possible. The catering industry is a challenging industry with 90% of the industry relying on a ‘next day’ service – with that all orders that are ordered, picked, packed and distributed require accuracy. Our client pick over 1.5 million items, and loads over 2000 vehicles ready for distribution a day! This is where they need you.
The role includes:
- Ensuring all goods are picked from dispatched according to the picking procedure
- Ensure correct labelling of all orders for despatch
- To replenish the Warehouse as and when required, ensuring stock is always available for picking
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded correctly and on time
- Ensure all cages and stillages are secure in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
- Locate products and rotate stock effectively
- Order pick experience with voice pick (desirable)
- Attention to detail, team player and task motivated
- Experience of working within a large warehouse (chilled desirable)
- Physically fit due to the scale of warehouse operations and movement of stock
- Awareness and adhering to all site safety policies and procedures
The working hours (Day Shift):
- 10am to 19:30 – Monday to Friday, with 1 in 3 Saturdays
- 6am to 17:30 – Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
The working hours (Night Shift):
- Sunday - Thursday with 1 in every 6 Fridays (various shift patterns available)
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Staff discounts
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Free parking and subsidised canteens
Applications must be received within 14 days of the advert placement.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible.
Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.