OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH ADVISOR / BODMIN – PERMANENT ROLE
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Hours: 8:30am – 17:00pm 4 days per week (option for working from home 1 day a week)
Salary: Up to £40,000 DOE
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Advisor for our client based in Bodmin, Cornwall.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day to day onsite support in regard to attendance, fitness for work, pre-employment medicals, mental health awareness and employee wellbeing programs.
This role required the ability to provide expert advise in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to Occupational Health and supporting HR and Managers with employee case management and interventions.
Duties as Occupational Health Advisor:
- Workplace assessments for musculoskeletal, spiro HACS (hand arm vibrations), WRULS’s (work related upper limb disorders) and RSI (repetitive strain injuries)
- Developing disease prevention programs, such as smoking cessation, exercise and healthy eating programs
- Documenting all employee injuries and illnesses within the workplace related to workplace activities
- Observing and assessing the work environment for potential dangers and hazards that may impact on employee’s health and wellbeing
- Advising on injuries and illnesses to employees, including follow-ups, referrals and reports
- Supporting the implementation of emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning with key site members
- Serving as a gatekeeper for healthcare services, including rehabilitation and disability matters
- Counselling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them towards community resources and employee assistance programs
- Monitoring the health status of employees
- Conducting research and collecting data on the effects of hazardous work conditions or workplace exposures and reporting findings to employer
- Using approved codes of practice and recommended HSE tools to assess workplace activities that could affect a person’s health and have an impact on tasks
- Managing the annual Employee Wellbeing Program, delivering government support initiatives, planning internal wellbeing and health campaigns and working with charities and governing bodies to secure resources to support the campaigns
- Working with HR to deliver programs, update communication boards and provide employee briefing documents
- Holding employee open door sessions to support wellbeing
- Writing to GP’s requesting detailed reports relating to employees condition, ability to work, ascertaining the needs for restrictive duties or phased returns
- Preparing a summary report for HR Manager and Departmental Managers with support recommendations
- Occupational Health or Nurse Qualified
- Significant Case Management experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of business
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of Health screening and surveillance
- IT literate
- Knowledge and experience in supporting employee welfare activities and benefits
We are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Successful applications will be contacted within 1 week of the closing date.
To apply for this Occupational Health Advisor role, please submit your CV via the Apply Now button or contact our Exeter office on 01392 273665 for more information.