The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Are you an experienced Operations Manager? Do you have the background experience of working within an Aerospace /Automotive Company?
gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who is a Global Aerospace Company located in the BD12 location, they currently have an exciting new permanent opportunity.
Our client is recruiting for a dedicated, focused and driven Manager to head up full operational responsibilities for this growing site.
- Delivers determined objectives by leading the Production, Maintenance and Receiving/Shipping teams, and executing the operational growth plans.
- Delivers operational excellence through optimizing machine and assembly capacities, total cost effectiveness and value to the customer base. Ensures operation plans achieve targeted cost and performance.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of all departmental equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Executes the vision for the organization by formulating and guiding the implementation of long (2-5 years) and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
- Supports the Site Plant Manager in leading a multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
- Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on Continuous Improvement principals, specifically TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
- Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
- Supports the Site Plant Manager in managing an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
- Adheres to operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
- Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
- Establishes the goals and metrics to drive improvement, and refine activities as needed with monitoring the projected effects of forecasts on the business unit, revenues, and the “external gross profit”.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of leadership experience within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Science
- Experience in the aerospace and/or automotive market desirable but not essential
- Ideally from a metals production background.
- Demonstrated quantitative results in leading manufacturing excellence
- Ability to establish sound priorities and objectives and function in a constantly changing environment
- Strong financial literacy
- A strong recent understanding of manufacturing is essential
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and motivate subordinates.
- Six sigma qualification
Closing date: is 3rd May 2019
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV.