|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Salary:||10 - 14 hour|
|Contact Name:||Marisa Twine|
gap personnel working in partnership with Aldi are recruiting in excess of 50 Order pickers to work in its busy Distribution Centre located in Springfield, Chelmsford. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity, successful workers will receive a permanent contract after 12 weeks of full time work.
As an order picker, your role is to oversee the store orders, making sure they are picked accurately, wrapped & palletised to ensure they are delivered on time.
working 4/5 shifts out of 7 days, including weekends on a fixed rota. You can choose to work days or nights.
Day Shift: 05:00-06:00 or 13:00-14:00
Night Shift:18:00-22:00 – 02:00-06:00
Rates of pay:
Day Shift: £10.73 rising to £12.17 after 12+ weeks
Night Shift: £12.67 rising to £14.60 after 12+ weeks
- Driving a Lollop/PPT truck, picking products to build store orders.
- Using a Voice picking, RF gun pick system to generate items to be picked.
- Safely palletising picked products and building orders.
- Wrapping palletised orders & taking to marshalling areas of the warehouse.
- Goods in & Goods out duties at times.
*Other Warehouse duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding of English language.
- Good communicator, both verbally and written.
- No experience is needed as full training will be given, previous warehouse experience in a similar role will be an advantage.
*Please note, that you may be required to work in temperatures between 0 and 5 degrees Celsius in the refrigerated warehouse to select orders.
In return for your efforts, after signing a permanent contract, you will receive the following benefits:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fruit in the canteen
- subsidised canteen
- free parking on site
- discount gym membership
- salary sacrifice scheme
- Aldi Discount app
To apply for this Order picker position, please submit your CV via the 'apply now' button, or get in touch with our Southend Branch on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01702 987900
gap personnel are operating as the employment business