Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary: up to £40,000 DOE
Our client is dynamic, driven and totally focussed on satisfying their customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback, they seek to exceed expectation at every turn and, when recruiting, always look for like-minded individuals to join them. As a business who proudly care about their staff, they are passionate about the development, training and job satisfaction of employees and foster a culture of acceptance and diversity that empowers individuals to achieve.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a self-starting Packaging Technologist with FMCG experience, gained in a fast-paced environment, to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Normanton. As the site is in operation 24-hours a day, it is very important that applicants have the flexibility to work outside of standard hours on occasion to ensure that critical support is available across all shift patterns.
· Liaise with marketing, purchasing and production.
· To develop possible packaging strategies, understand costs and suitability for onsite manufacture
· Generate new packaging in response to customer briefs
· Ensure packaging meets requirements and specifications as required for product safety, cold chain and retail.
· Select, evaluate and negotiate with potential or existing suppliers to get the best value for money.
· Run trials to ensure packaging is fit for purpose i.e. performance under production conditions and travel through distribution chain.
· Reporting to business on outcomes of trials.
· Request/ produce samples to try out different designs and materials.
· Keep up to date with innovation. Bring new innovations or latest legislation to the attention of the business.
· Provide packaging solutions to solve customer problems.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
· Must be a good problem solver with the ability to identify issues and resolve these in a timely manner
· Must be able an excellent communicator both written and verbally
· Must be able to prioritise and plan own work activities to use time effectively
· Must be organised with attention to detail
· Must have good design skills
· Must be resilient
· Must be dependable and able to follow instructions and able to demonstrate the ability to work with little supervision
· Must have the ability to think outside the box
· Must be a team player
· Self-motivated, highly resilient and tenacious with a “can do - will do” attitude
· Great all round administrative skills with strong PC skills; ideally MS Office
· A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands
· Experience working within the food industry
· Knowledge of the circular economy
· IOM3 or above in Packaging Technology (desirable but not essential)
Closing date is 19/12/2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future